FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Pharmacist-led mental health care during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the existing mental health crisis. People have reportedly been affected by worry, anxiety and fear due to the pandemic. This has placed a huge strain on health systems and their ability to deliver mental health care. Pharmacists are the most accessible healthcare providers and consistently rank among the most trusted health professionals. Hence, they can play an important role in the provision of mental health services to the public, thereby helping improve health outcomes and ameliorate the impact on health systems. This webinar explores the different services offered by pharmacists to improve mental health in an era of COVID-19 and beyond.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
1. Recognize the role of pharmacists in addressing the mental health crisis.
2. Understand the needs of people living with mental health illness
3. Describe the various services offered by pharmacists to members of the public in the area of mental health.
4. Be familiar with the tools and resources available for pharmacists to improve the mental health of their patients.
-Sarira El-Den, Lecturer School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Claire O’Reilly, Senior Lecturer School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney, Australia
- David Odhiambo, Pharmacist, Kenya
- Andrea Murphy, Associate Professor, Dalhousie University, Canada
- David Gardner, Professor, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Helena Roennfeldt, Consumer Mentor, Griffith University, Australia