The Special Interest Group on Drug Delivery and Manufacturing offers a dynamic international forum for the exchange of knowledge among FIP members who share a common interest in the design, manufacturing and testing of drug delivery systems.
We are a multidisciplinary special interest group (SIG) that focuses on aspects of conventional and novel dosage forms suitable for all routes of administration. We cover:
- Preclinical product development (preformulation, materials science, analytical sciences, modelling and simulation)
- Advanced drug delivery systems (nanotechnology, 3D printing, digital health and others)
- Manufacturing sciences (innovative processing, process analytical technology [PAT], quality by design [QbD])
- Medical devices and combination products
- Biopharmaceutics and molecular pharmaceutics
- Pharmaceutical compounding
- Pharmaceutical analysis
Drawing on physical, chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, engineering and analytical sciences, our primary goal is to unite compounding pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists from diverse scientific disciplines in community, hospital, industry, regulatory agencies, and academia with the objective of enhancing their contributions to global health.
How we work
The special interest group is chaired by Prof. Tetsuya Ozeki (Japan)
and vice-chaired by Prof. Erem Bilensoy (Turkey) and Prof. Aliasger K. Salem (USA).
Four focus groups have been set up on specific areas:
- Advanced Drug Delivery Systems, chaired by Prof. Sanjay Garg (Australia)
- Manufacturing Science, chaired by Prof. Jukka Rantanen (Denmark)
- Pharmaceutical Compounding
- Pharmaceutical Analysis, chaired by Prof. Masaru Kato (Japan)
For more information about this group or to get involved, email DrugDelMan@fip.org