To keep up with the latest from FIP, follow us on social media!
How much do you contribute to the well-being of your community and its citizens? Achieving good health demands solutions to fundamental problems such as inequality, poor education and clean water, which can only be addressed by public debate and changes in local, national and regional policy. The theme of the latest International Pharmacy Journal is civic engagement: developing and using the mix of values, knowledge, skills and motivation needed to make a difference to the lives of people in our communities. We present pearls of wisdom from pharmacists who are already doing this as well as ideas to turn observers into players.
This special issue includes:
- Interviews with a country president, government minister and members of parliaments around the world
- The art of advocacy: How to influence policy
- Leading pharmacies in complex and uncertain times. Watch!
- Epigenetics: exciting targets for future medicines
- How US pharmacists are working for wider access to their services
- Building bridges across the global pharmacy community. Watch!
- Practice in low-resource and emergency settings
- Social pharmacy then and now: a discussion. Listen!
- The movement to teach global citizenship
- Opinion: Think of yourself as a leader
- Opinion: Social responsibility should be part of business as usual
- Pharmacy and advocacy the Swiss way
- World Health Assembly: Nine things you should know
And news includes:
- World Pharmacists Day campaign materials released
- Guidance to help pharmacists establish tobacco-free communities
- Opinion leaders predict opportunities for the pharmaceutical sciences
- Affordable vaccines and antibodies key to eliminating rabies, WHO says
- Standard definitions for support staff expected
- New platform for educators to connect, share and learn
- US pharmacists start to prescribe contraceptives
- Swedish pharmacists reach out to refugee colleagues
- Codeine recording pilot progresses in Australia
- Thousands of English pharmacies face closure
- Crime causes Turkish pharmacists to dispense from behind shutters
- Latest FIP Bureau decisions
All this and more is available now!
FIP members can access the interactive magazine and pdf here.