Welcome to the Workforce Reference Guide for FIP Development Goal 11 Impact and outcomes. This guide collates all information, evidence and expertise from FIP to support our members with measuring progress, evaluation, implementation and transformation processes. To access the full Workforce Reference Guide for the FIP Development Goals, click here
FIP Development Goal 11 Workforce Element
Globally, we will have:
Evidence of the impact of the pharmaceutical workforce within health systems and health improvement.
- Engagement with systems to measure the impact of the pharmaceutical workforce on health improvement and healthcare outcomes. Links with needs-based education, training and workforce planning.
- Gather continuous data points to monitor the performance of the pharmaceutical workforce.
- Ideally, this should be linked with strategies to enhance workforce intelligence.
View all elements of FIP Development Goal 11 here.
Workforce Development Hub Global Leads for FIP Development Goal 11
Judilynn Solidum (Philippines)
Professor, Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, University of the Philippines Manila
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Development Hub and our other Global Leads here.
- We are developing a generic framework for workforce impact of pharmacy (2021)
Bibliography & further reading
- Bates, I., John,C., Meilianti,S., Bader, L.(2018). Pharmacy Workforce Intelligence Global Trends Report FIP, Colophon. Retrieved from https://www.fip.org/file/2077
- National Health Service England. (2015). The Better Care Fund Issue 4.How to Understand and Measure Impact. England: Department of Health England, Department for Local Communities and Local Government England, Local Government Association England, NHS England.Retrieved from https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bcf-user-guide-04.pdf.pdf
- Duggan,C.(2020). Advancing the workforce to meet the Primary Health Care Agenda: Pharmacy’s contribution to universal health coverage. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice (IJPP). 28(2) https://doi.org/10.1111/ijpp.12579.
- Dodds, L.(2019). Measuring the quality of pharmacy services: we need to get it right! The Pharmaceutical Journal A Royal Pharmaceutical Society Publication. Retrieved from https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/opinion/comment/measuring-the-quality-of-pharmacy-services-we-need-to-get-it-right/10993973.article?firstPass=false
- Larmour, I.(1996). Performance indicators in Hospital Pharmacy Practice. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy.26 (1), 89-92. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ian_Larmour/publication/307390383_Performance_Indicators_in_Hospital_Pharmacy_Practice/links/5986bc0045851560584cd37f/Performance-Indicators-in-Hospital-Pharmacy-Practice.pdf?origin=publication_detail
- So, I.,Staskevicius, A. Alnoor, E.(2015).Measuring the Impact in impact investing. Harvard Business School. MBA. Retrieved from https://www.hbs.edu/socialenterprise/Documents/MeasuringImpact.pdf
- WHO, Health Systems Strengthening Glossary, 2020 accessed from https://www.who.int/healthsystems/hss_glossary/en/index5.html
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Reference Guide and explore it fully here.