Workforce Reference Guide for FIP Development Goal 10
Welcome to the Workforce Reference Guide for FIP Development Goal 10 Equity & equality. This guide collates all information, evidence and expertise from FIP to support our members with measuring progress, evaluation, implementation and transformation processes. To access the full Workforce Reference Guide for the FIP Development Goals, click here.
FIP Development Goal 10 Workforce Element
Globally, we will have:
Clear strategies for addressing equity and diversity inequalities in pharmaceutical workforce development, continued education and training, and career progression opportunities.
- Demonstration of strategies to address the equity and diversity inequalities across all pharmaceutical workforce and career development opportunities.
- Ensure full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in pharmaceutical environments; avoidable barriers to participation for all social categories are identified and addressed.
- Engagement and adoption of workforce development policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of equity and equality; policies and cultures for the empowerment of all without bias.
- This should be applicable to academic capacity and leadership development activities.
View all elements of FIP Development Goal 10 here.
Related events & training
Workforce Development Hub Global Leads for FIP Development Goal 10
Vibhuti Arya (USA)
Associate clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Nadia Bukhari (Pakistan)
Principal Teaching Fellow, UCL School of Pharmacy, UK; Patron in Chief and Founder of National Alliance for Women in Pharmacy in Pakistan
Carlene McMaugh (Australia)
Novartis – GP Sales Representative; Deakin University – Human Research Ethics Committee, Industry Leadership Committee Group of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Development Hub and our other Global Leads here.
- We are providing input into the FIP Commitment to Equity & Equality and the FIP-EquityRx Collection – both to be published by the end of 2020.
- We’re working on developing a tool to support nations develop gender initiatives building on existing successes around the world led by our FIP Members.
- We continuously support FIP-EquityRx – FIP’s Equity & equality programme to implement FIP Development Goal 10.
- The Leads are also part of the FIP Women in Science & Education group (FIP WiSE).
Bibliography & further reading
- WHO Resources on Social Determinants of Health: https://www.who.int/social_determinants/en/
- The Storytelling Project Curriculum: Learning Race and Racism through Storytelling and the Arts: https://www.racialequitytools.org/resourcefiles/stp_curriculum.pdf
- Dark Room Methodology: Bringing Light to Structural Racism: https://youtu.be/vnYE0n7Tx_o
- White privilege: https://www.racialequitytools.org/resourcefiles/mcintosh.pdf
- Single Story Origin: https://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_ngozi_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story/up-next?language=en
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Reference Guide and explore it fully here.