FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
"Just Culture" approach to community pharmacy practice regulation - An overview
Many jurisdictions around the world have implemented Apology Legislation and non-punitive medication error reporting requirements in order to create transparency, learning and prevention to enhance patient confidence and patient safety in the healthcare system and work towards creating a Just Culture or a Culture of Safety in health professionals and practice sites. This webinar will present the value and the experiences of jurisdictions, which have enacted legislation and additional standards of care, for community pharmacy practice. Spread and scale of learning through international collaboration exemplified by the international medical regulatory authority will also be presented.
The attendee will learn:
1) The importance sections of the FIP #4757 (Pharmacists Role in Medication without Harm) and Culture of Safety.
2) The value of Apology Legislation on medication error resolution, transparency and patient confidence.
3) The value of centralized medication error reporting in community pharmacy practice to enhance patient safety, quality assurance and prevent errors.
4) The importance of international collaboration for the evolution to “Just Culture” and supportive legislation.
- Ronald Guse, FIP Regulators Forum Chair, NABP - Canada
- Prof. Aslani Parisa, University of Sydney - Australia
- Jan Byrd, Director, Health Policy Healthcare Excellence - Canada
- Mitul Jadeja, Vigilance and Risk Management of Medicines (VRMM) Division, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, MHRA - UK
- Alison Reid Executive Director, International Association of Medical Regulatory Authorities (IAMRA) - Australia
- Andi Shirtcliffe, Chief Advisor - Pharmacy, Office of the Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health - New Zealand