FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Transforming pharmacy practice for improved care and management of mental health illnesses
The importance of good mental health and wellbeing has gained attention over the last decade due to an increased burden of disability and loss of quality of life associated with mental health conditions. Pharmacists have a significant role in the support and management of persons with mental health illnesses and in reducing the commonly associated stigma. FIP has developed a new handbook to support pharmacists and their organisations in providing a range of mental health-related services. In addition, the handbook will be accompanied by the knowledge and skills (K&S) reference guide in mental health which identifies the K&S that pharmacists require for the provision of such services, thus offering guidance to pharmacists, academic institutions and CPD providers. Both publications will be launched at this event and they are part of the FIP Practice Transformation Programme on Non-Communicable Diseases.
Attendees will learn about:
- The role of pharmacists in the prevention, identification, care and management of mental health illnesses;
- Challenges and opportunities for pharmacists in addressing mental health illnesses;
- The knowledge and skills pharmacists need to acquire to support their role in mental health.
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager, Portugal
- Claire O’Reilly, Senior Lecturer School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Sarira El-Den, Senior Lecturer The University of Sydney School of Pharmacy, Australia
- Jiahui (Jeff) Dong, PharmD Candidate The University of North Carolina, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, United States
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for provision and partnerships, Australia