FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Advocating for the role of pharmacists in diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis booster, COVID-19, and meningococcal meningitis vaccinations
The importance of vaccines creates opportunities for pharmacists and pharmacies to contribute to improving vaccination coverage. Since the publication of FIP’s 2020 report on vaccinations highlighting the role of pharmacists and pharmacies in this area, there has been a significant expansion in pharmacy-based vaccination and the scope of vaccines delivered by pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce. To kick off World Immunisation Week, this digital event will provide an overview of that expansion for tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis booster, COVID-19, and meningitis vaccines. Moreover, it will allow participants to hear from countries in various stages of advocating for a broader role for pharmacists in vaccination.
- To identify the current role of the pharmacist in tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis booster, COVID vaccination, and meningococcal meningitis vaccination.
- To explore needs, drivers, and barriers for expanding that role in countries that have regulated pharmacy-based vaccination services.
- To give examples from countries with pharmacy-based vaccination services in advocating a broader role for pharmacists in vaccination
- Ian Bates, Director of the FIP Global Pharmaceutical Observatory, Chair of pharmacy education, University College London, United Kingdom
- Manjiri Gharat, FIP Vice-President, India
- Carine Wolf-Thal, Chair of the National Council of the French Chamber of Pharmacists, French Chamber of Pharmacists, France
- Zhi Shan Sujata, Pharmacist, Malaysian Pharmacists Society, Malaysia
- Sham Moodley, Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa/Independent Community Pharmacy Assoc, South Africa
- Zeid Kilani, President, Jordan Pharmacists Association, Jordan
- Mas Rahman Roestan, Operational Director of PT Biofarma and Expert Council of Indonesian Pharmacists Association, Indonesian Pharmacists Association, Indonesia
- Irma Beatriz Caponi, Farmacéutica, COFA, Argentina
Facilitators & Speakers:
- Christopher John, FIP Lead for Data and Intelligence, UK
- Zheng Kang Lum, PhD candidate, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Allie Jo Shipman, Director, State Policy, National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations, USA
- Sherly Meilianti, FIP Data and Intelligence Specialist, Indonesia