FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Precision Medicine: Where is the technology heading?
This webinar is the second of the Precision Medicine Webinar Series, which will discuss the current state and future of precision medicine in research and practice, including the ongoing technological advances and challenges and opportunities for the pharmacy profession to address. This webinar will cover:
- Ongoing technological developments, including:
o Single-cell sequencing
o High-resolution imaging
o Combinatorial drug screens
o Biostatistics, machine learning and open software repositories
- Examples of clinical translation of the above technologies in a research context
- Thoughts on future directions of the field, and unaddressed gaps.
At the end of this session, participants will:
1. Have an awareness of some of the key technological advances driving the evolution of precision medicine.
2. Be familiar with some examples of its potential implementation
3. Be aware of current limitations and remaining challenges to be addressed
-Donnacha Fitzgerald, FIP Technology Forum member, Predoctoral Fellow The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and Heidelberg University Hospital, Germany
-R. Stephanie Huang, Professor Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, USA
-Wolfgang Huber, Co-Director, Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit Group Leader ad Senior Scientist The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany
-Christoph Merten, Associate Professor Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland