FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Enabling multiprofessional vaccine prescribing and administration for improved uptake rates: African Region
In many countries, vaccination coverage rates are suboptimal, and vaccination services are largely focused on childhood. Goals to expand vaccination pathways include to have more and more easily accessible vaccination points, more professionals who can deliver the service to more people and offer evidence-based advice on vaccines. This event will discuss the drivers and barriers to interprofessional understanding, cooperation and task sharing in the area of vaccination in the region, and the regulatory authority granted to different healthcare professionals to prescribe and/or administer vaccines.
- Identify drivers and barriers related to the regulatory landscape of vaccination in the region
- Learn about examples of best practices in terms of interprofessional cooperation and task-sharing involving pharmacists in the area of vaccination
- Explore the plans for switching from a pandemic to an endemic response in the region, including the role of pharmacist in vaccination, and in patient care and treatment.
- Jocelyn Chaibva, Vice president, African Pharmaceutical Forum, Zimbabwe
- Ronald Guse, Chair FIP Regulators Forum, Canada
- Samuel Adekola, Immediate past national chairman & the executive secretary/ program director of the ACPN foundation. Nigeria
- Djamila Reis, CEO, Association of Pharmacists from Portuguese-Speaking Countries, Cape Verde
- Portifa Mwendera, President, Pharmaceutical Society of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- Lucas Nyabero, Interim CEO, Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya, Kenya
- Franck Nana, President, National Council of Pharmacists, Cameroon
- Amath Niang, President, Ordre des Pharmaciens du Sénégal, Sénégal
- Imoiboho Williams, Project Manager, Adverse Events Following Immunization Surveillance Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
- Redouane Soualmi, Chairperson of External Relations, Algerian Pharmacy Federation, Algeria
- Ezinne Onwuekwe, Vaccine Programme Coordinator, Africa CDC, Ethiopia