FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Enabling multiprofessional vaccine prescribing and administration for improved uptake rates: European Region
In many countries, vaccination coverage rates are suboptimal, and vaccination services are largely focused on childhood. Goals to expand vaccination pathways include to have more and more easily accessible vaccination points, and more professionals who can deliver the service to more people and offer evidence-based advice on vaccines. This event will discuss the drivers and barriers to interprofessional understanding, cooperation and task sharing in the area of vaccination in each region, and the regulatory authority granted to different healthcare professionals to prescribe and/or administer vaccines.
- Identify drivers and barriers related to the regulatory landscape of vaccination in the region
- Learn about examples of best practices in terms of interprofessional cooperation and task-sharing involving pharmacists in the area of vaccination
- Explore the plans for switching from a pandemic to an endemic response in the region, including the role of pharmacist in vaccination, and in patient care and treatment
- Lars-Åke Söderlund, FIP Vice President, Sweden
- Ronald Guse, Chair of FIP Regulators Forum, Canada
- Michał Byliniak, Vice president, Polish Pharmaceutical Chamber, Poland
- Alain Delgutte, National Board Member, French Chamber of Pharmacists
- Inga Lilý Gunnarsdóttir, President, Pharmaceutical Society of Iceland, Iceland
- Jean-Pierre Michel, Member, European Union of Geriatric Medicine Society. European Interprofessional Council on Ageing, Switzerland
- Ema Paulino, President, National Association of Pharmacies, and member of the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, Portugal
- Roberto Tobia, President, Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union, Italy
- Mariano Votta, President, Active Citizenship Network, Italy