FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
FIP Train the Trainer online course for educators on digital health - Capitalizing on the benefits of digital health
Recent technological advancements have revolutionized clinical practice, and there is need for a pharmaceutical workforce that is well-equipped to embrace, innovate, and capitalize on the benefits of digital health. Findings from the 2021 FIP report on digital health in pharmacy education revealed the need to develop courses, training material and experiential learning opportunities to prepare a digitally literate pharmacy workforce.
The Academic Pharmacy Section, supported by the FIP Provision and Partnerships programme, and many FIP constituencies led a ONEFIP project to develop the first FIP-developed online Train the Trainer (TtT) course. At this event, we will reflect on the progress made to date, launch the TtT course, which targets academics as well as educators in any sector in pharmacy, and how this initiative builds on FIP competency frameworks and reports.
1. To describe FIP’s response following the release of digital health in pharmacy education report in 2021.
2. To provide an overview of the FIP Global Platform for Provision and Partnerships.
3. To launch the FIP Train the Trainer online course on FIPx and generate interest in the course
- Barry Bleidt, Prof. Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, USA
- Naoko Arakawa, Assistant Professor in International Pharmacy University of Nottingham, UK
- Dr. Catherine Duggan, CEO FIP, the Netherlands
- Aukje Mantel-Teeuwisse, Director Utrecht University School of Pharmacy, the Netherlands
- Dr. Dalia Bajis FIP Lead for Provision and Partnerships FIP, Australia/Bahrain
- Nilhan Uzman, Lead for Education Policy and Implementation FIP, The Netherlands
- Jaime Acosta-Gómez, CPS Professional Secretary, Community pharmacist, Farmacia Acosta, Spain
- Prof. Lilian Azzopardi Head, AIM Advisory Committee member, Department of Pharmacy University of Malta, Malta
- Chu-Chen Cheng, Provision and Partnerships Remote Volunteer, Pharmacist FIP, Chaina Taiwan
- Genuine A. Desireh, Provision and Partnerships Remote Volunteer, Pharmacist FIP, Kenya