FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Supporting self-care: Gastrointestinal complaints and treatments
Gastrointestinal symptoms have an impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals that can be debilitating, however, the majority of people can be supported by the pharmacy team to self-care and effectively manage their symptoms.
To explore: lifestyle factors that can cause or worsen gastrointestinal complaints and the role of pharmacy team in supporting the majority of customers to self-care and effectively manage their symptoms.
1. List common GI symptoms and their impact on people;
2. Identify and suggest approaches to addressing lifestyle factors causing GI symptoms.
3. Discuss the role of pharmacy team to support people with GI symptoms to self-care
- Manjiri Gharat, FIP Vice-President, India
- Ruth Rudling, Advanced Clinical Pharmacist for Specialty Medicines, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust (MYHT), UK
- Anja St. Clair-Jones, Consultant Pharmacist Gastroenterology, University Hospitals Sussex, UK