FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Increasing enrolment in higher education to strengthen and improve the pharmacy profession
After the COVID-19 pandemic, current and future pharmacy education needs to be improved to strengthen the pharmacy profession. With the demand for higher education increasing, enrolment strategies are becoming more critical to pharmacy institutions. From attracting and recruiting of students, through career development after graduation, the development of new strategies is required to support the future of pharmacy schools around the world.
- Defining key areas of challenge in pharmacy education regarding prospective students, including attracting, training, developing and leading them
- Contributing to motivation and professional development to ensure career progression for pharmacy graduates
- Careful planning to address short term needs in pharmacy education while ensuring support for the future of pharmacy schools around the world in the long term
- Identifying new ways to develop the pharmacy profession such that it is strengthened and continuously improves
- Carlo Marra , Dean, School of Pharmacy University of Otago - New Zealand
- Ozge Ozer, FIP Educational Partnership Coordinator, FIP - Turkey
- Dalal Al-Taweel, Vice Dean of Academic and Student Affairs, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University - Kuwait
- Rosana Isabel dos Santos, Professor, Federal University of Santa Catarina - Brazil
- Toyin Tofade, Dean and Professor, Howard University College of Pharmacy - USA
- Karima Bennara, Chairperson of Pharmacy Education Committee, IPSF - Algeria
- Louisa Sullivan, Clinical Pharmacist, University of Washington Medical Center - USA