FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Regulators Advisory Group: Launch of the Regulatory Self-Assessment Tool for Substandard or Falsified Medical Products
The World Health Organization estimated that more than one in 10 medicines in low- and middle-income countries was substandard or falsified (SF). This means that these countries spend well over USD 30 billion annually on SF pharmaceutical products. The FIP is seriously concerned about the ever-increasing risk to public health represented by SF pharmaceutical products, particularly in countries where legislation governing the manufacture and distribution of medical products, or the enforcement of legislation, is non-existent or ineffective.
Therefore, FIP Regulatory Advisory Group developed a regulatory self-assessment tool which is for the detection, quarantine and removal of SF medical products from the pharmaceutical supply chain in a country and to prevent the SF medical products from being used by the patient.
This webinar will focus on the issue of SF medical products and provide recommendations on how the new tool can be used globally to prevent SF medical products.
- Brett Simmonds, Chair, FIP Regulatory Advisory Group, Australia
- Ronald Guse, Healthcare Consultant, National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, Canada
- Dr John Hertig, Associate Professor and Department Chair, Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, USA
- Babatunde Jayeola, Technical Officer (Health Products), WHO, Congo
- Zuzana Kusynová, FIP Lead for policy, practice and compliance, The Netherlands
- Dr Carmen Catizone, Regulatory Expert, CLM Pharmacy Advisors, USA
- Leonor Soares, Pharmacist, Professional Development & International Affairs, Portuguese Pharmaceutical Society, Portugal