FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Enabling pharmaceutical education transformation in South East Asia: Launch of FIP-UNESCO UNITWIN Centre for Excellence
Pharmaceutical education in the South-East Asia (SEA) region is undergoing a dynamic transformation, driven by the evolving healthcare landscape, technological advancements, and the need for highly skilled professionals. To support pharmaceutical education reform in SEA, FIP through the UNITWIN Network on Global Pharmacy Education Development, in collaboration with UNESCO and University College London (UCL), is establishing The FIP-UNESCO UNITWIN Centre for Excellence in South-East Asia.
Recognising the unique needs and systems across countries and regions, this Centre seeks to leverage the expertise gained from the pioneer FIP UNESCO UNITWIN Centre for Excellence in Africa. This aligns with the UNESCO agreement for 2023–2027, emphasising the need for an integrated approach to research, teaching, training, community engagement, and communication.
The aim of the FIP-UNESCO UNITWIN Centre for Excellence in South-East Asia is to advance pharmaceutical education in South-East Asia by fostering academic institutions collaboration, networking, and educational development.
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for Provision and Partnerships FIP - The Netherlands
- Alison Ubong Etukakpan, FIP Educational partnerships and projects manager FIP - The Netherlands
- Catherine Duggan, FIP CEO FIP - The Netherlands
- Ralph J. Altiere, FIPEd Chair FIP and University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences - USA
- Rajani Shakya, Associate Professor Department of Pharmacy, School of Science, Kathmandu University - Nepal
- Rao V. S. V. Vadlamudi, Immediate Past President Indian Pharmaceutical Association - India
- Sherly Meilianti, FIP Data and Intelligence Specialist (FIP) - Netherlands
- Editha Renesteen, Head of Internal Quality Assurance System, Faculty of Military Pharmacy, The Republic of Indonesia Defense University - Indonesia
- Andi Hermansyah, Academia Faculty of Pharmacy Universitas Airlangga - Indonesia