FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Vaccines & special-risk groups: Pharmacy teams and all healthcare workers
Vaccination is one of the most effective measures to prevent disease transmission and protect populations from a variety of diseases that heavily impact individuals and health systems. Overall, through the provision of person-centred pharmaceutical services, pharmacists play a key role ensuring healthy lives and promoting wellbeing, as well as promoting more effective, rational, and widespread use of vaccines. Among the different special-risk population groups for vaccine-preventable diseases, healthcare professionals are in contact with multiple patients daily and are therefore at increased risk of contracting and further spreading vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Luís Lourenço, FIP Professional Secretary FIP - Portugal
- Ryan Forrey, Global Clinical Solutions Director BD - U.S.A.
- Jerry Zee, Uniformed Service (Military) Pharmacist U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps - U.S.A.
- Mansi Doshi, Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist and Adjunct Professor, Medicines Optimisation Clinic; PIPR, Parul University (Vadodara); MET, Mumbai University (Mumbai) - India
- Safiye Çağansel, Owner / Pharmacist in Charge, Safiye Çağansel Eczanesi/Pharmacy - Cyprus
- Sherif Guorgu-President FIP Community Canada
- Filipa Alves da Costa, Assistant professor University of Lisbon - Portugal
- Sola Solarin, President FIP Industrial Pharmacy Section - Nigeria
- Susan James, Representatieve FIP Pharmacy Technicians Advisory Committee - Canada
- Rúben Viegas, Practice Development and Transformation Projects Coordinator FIP - The Netherlands