FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Strategies to improve enrolment in schools of pharmacy - Launch of the FIP AIM Handbook
The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the requirement for current and future pharmacy education to be improved to strengthen the pharmacy profession and improve resilience. With the demand and options at higher education increasing, enrolment strategies have become more critical to pharmacy institutions.
FIP AIM has developed a handbook to support academic pharmacy leaders to update enrolment management strategies in schools of pharmacy. The webinar will officially launch the handbook and go through the background of the handbook development and how it can help global health leaders to implement new enrolment methods.
• Develop strategies to recruit more and better students into pharmacy schools using traditional and social media
• Advocate for the profession, its scope of practice, and its importance in the healthcare system
• Reflect on a global integrated approach to foster student interest and improve admissions
- Pierre Moreau, Dean FIP, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Ozge Ozer, FIP Educational Partnership Manager, Turkey
- Lilian Azzopardi, FIP AIM Chair-elect & AIM Advisory Committee member, Head, Department of Pharmacy University of Malta-Malta
- Brian Hemstreet, Associate Dean for Student Affairs University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences-USA
- Frank Moriarty, Pharmacist and senior research fellow RCSI School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences-Ireland
- Gea Abigail U. Ecoy, Assistant Professor and Chair University of San Carlos-Philippines
- Hanan Refaat, Dean Future University-Egypt
- Marlon Prince, FIP AIM member, Director of Admissions at Howard University College of Pharmacy-USA
- Mohd Zulkefeli Mat Jusoh, FIP AIM member, Dean International Medical University-Malaysia
- Rajani Shakya, Head of Department of Pharmacy Kathmandu University-Nepal
- Wendy Cox,Assoc. Dean, Admissions and Accreditation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy-USA