FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The role of pharmacists in infectious & tropical diseases prevention and management
This event will discuss pharmacists’ roles in infectious & tropical disease prevention, and management by improving pharmacists’ knowledge in these diseases as well as showcasing practices across different countries with regards to policy, pharmaceutical care and services delivery and digital health applications across Africa in the context of infectious and tropical diseases.
Pharmacists are uniquely positioned to provide a wide array of services to prevent, and manage infectious and tropical diseases. This event aims to improve pharmacists' knowledge, improve pharmaceutical services delivery and overall health outcomes of the public in the context of infectious & tropical disease.
1. Improve knowledge of pharmacists in the scope of infectious & tropical diseases as well as anti-infectives within the African region;
2. Showcase practices across different countries with regards to policy, pharmaceutical care and services delivery and digital health applications in the context of infectious & tropical diseases as well as anti-infectives within the African region;
3. Identify the needs and priorities of pharmacists in the prevention and management of infectious & tropical diseases within the African region.
- Jocelyn Chaibva, Vice president African Pharmaceutical Forum, Zimbabwe
- Nilhan Uzman, FIP Lead for Education and Primary Health Policies, Turkey
- Alison Etukakpan, FIP Educational Partnership Specialist, Nigeria
- Mirfin Mpundu, Director ReAct Africa, Kenya
- Natalie Schellack, Head of the Department of Pharmacology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Arinola Joda, Associate Professor University of Lagos, Nigeria