FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Commemorating the World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: Pharmacy taking action
With the potential to be the next ‘silent’ pandemic, antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a global threat. The ONE FIP Commitment to AMR and antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) includes actions for education, practice, scientific research and workforce development. These commitments will also enable themes to be actioned across nations and regions. FIP commits to increase the awareness of AMR, strengthen AMS and support for evidence-based interventions. With two events on 21 and 22 November, in the form of workshops, FIP aims to:
• Provide education and development
• Provide the priority FIP Development Goals (FIP DGs) areas and the priority commitments to devise the 2023 plans.
• Inform the 2023 Commitment to Action and Health Ministers Summit.
With a regional focus on the Eastern Mediterranean, European and Americas regions, participants in this workshop will be able to:
- Outline regional educational and development headline needs in AMR and AMS,
- Outline FIP DGs areas and the priority commitments for pharmacists’ organisations,
- Input on how they can contribute to the FIP AMR 2023 plans.
- Manjiri Gharat, FIP Vice President & Chair of the FIP Commission on AMR, India
- Victoria Rutter, Executive Director, CPA, UK
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for Provision and Partnerships, Bahrain
- Chin-Yen Yeo, Senior AMS Pharmacist, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Australia
- Fiona Doukas, Senior Project Officer, ACSQHC, Australia
- Usman Ebubakar, Senior Lecturer, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Michelle Gijzelaar, National Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Life Healthcare, South Africa
- Onyeka Chinwuba Obidiegwu, Lecturer, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria
- Roop Gupta, Vice President, IPA, India
- Syamhanin Adnan, Leader, AMS Focus Group for Pharmacist, MPS, Malaysia
- Fitria Nur Hidayah, Clinical Pharmacist, Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, Indonesia