FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Commemorating the World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: Pharmacy taking action
With the potential to be the next ‘silent’ pandemic, antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a global threat. The ONE FIP Commitment to AMR and antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) includes actions for education, practice, scientific research and workforce development. These commitments will also enable themes to be actioned across nations and regions. FIP commits to increase the awareness of AMR, strengthen AMS and support for evidence-based interventions. With two events on 21 and 22 November, in the form of workshops, FIP aims to:
• Provide education and development
• Provide the priority FIP Development Goals (FIP DGs) areas and the priority commitments to devise the 2023 plans.
• Inform the 2023 Commitment to Action and Health Ministers Summit.
With a regional focus on the Eastern Mediterranean, European and Americas regions, participants in this workshop will be able to:
- Outline regional educational and development headline needs in AMR and AMS,
- Outline FIP DGs areas and the priority commitments for pharmacists’ organisations,
- Input on how they can contribute to the FIP AMR 2023 plans.
- Daragh Connolly, FIP BPP Chair, Ireland
- Victoria Rutter, Executive Director, CPA, UK
- Aysu Selcuk, FIP Education and PHC Policies Specialist, Turkey
- Cátia Caneiras, Professor, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Khalid Eljaaly, Associate Professor, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Alison Etukakpan, FIP Educational Partnership Specialist, Nigeria
- Katarina M. Kostadinovic, Chairman, Assembly of Pharmaceutical Chamber of Montenegro, Montenegro
- Olfat Fakih, Instructor, Al Razi University, Yemen
- Saed Nuh, Chairman of Medicines Regulatory Authority, Ministry of Health Development, Somalia
- Cristina Fernández, Hospital Pharmacist, San Juan de Dios Hospital, Costa Rica
- José Pablo Díaz Madriz, AMS Director, Clínica Bíblica Hospital, Costa Rica
- Brigid K. Groves, Senior Director, Practice&Professional Affairs, APA, USA
- Curtis D. Collins, Pharmacy Specialist, Infectious Diseases Trinity Health Ann Arbor, USA