FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The patient voice in generic medicine development
The US public benefits from reduced costs and improved access to treatment enabled by availability of generics drug products. Patients offer a unique perspective when advocating for accessibility to high-quality and affordable generics. As critical stakeholders, it is important that the FDA Office of Generic Drugs (OGD) captures patient perspectives, needs, and priorities to help better inform patients. This session will explore the role of patients in generic drug development, OGD’s patient engagement sessions to date and the opportunities that can be used to improve patient engagement.
- The FDA’s perspectives on patient’s role in drug development
- How Office of Generic Drugs (OGD) is working on patient engagement
- Mathew Cherian, FIP IPS ExCo Member for Webinars, Consultant, USA
- Maria Mantziri, FIP IPS ExCo Associate, Pharmacist, Pharmacovigilance Scientist, Greece
- Sarah Ibrahim, Associate Director CDER, Office of Generic Drugs, FDA, USA