FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Pharmacy-based nutrition care: How nutrition impacts heart health
How nutrition impacts heart health is the focus of this event, the last and final one in the 'Food for thought: Pharmacists' role in healthy nutrition.' The webinar aims to examine the interlinks between nutrition and heart health, its role in the prevention and management of cardiovascular diseases, how pharmacy-based nutrition services can support patients with heart conditions.
The event aims to:
- Understand how nutrition impacts heart health
- Describe the importance of pharmaceutical care for heart health with a focus on supplements
- Highlight the important role of pharmacists in improving heart health and preventing cardiac disease.
- Jaime Acosta, FIP-CPS Professional Secretary, Community pharmacist Farmacia Acosta, Spain
- Philip Calder, President, Federation of European Nutrition Societies, Head of the School of Human Development and Health at the University of Southampton, UK
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager, Portugal
- Esraa Altawil, Consultant Clinical Pharmacist King Saud University Medical City, Saudi Arabia