FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Antimicrobial stewardship: Communities in action
Pharmacists are well placed as members of the multidisciplinary team but are also key and accessible healthcare professionals for members of the public. Webinar 4 will explore and consider how pharmacists can support AMS in community practice around the globe.
- Define how pharmacists working in the community can support AMS and IPC initiatives as part of the wider multidisciplinary team;
- Explain how different forms of education and awareness raising can support the AMR agenda in the community setting;
- Discuss learning opportunities for reducing the risks of AMR that can be harnessed from experiences in treating and managing other infectious diseases such as TB, malaria and HIV;
- Describe how you can inspire and engage members of the community in a call to action on AMR;
- Demonstrate how AMR can impact patients at an individual, community and global level; and
- Apply behaviour change techniques to improve AMS initiatives in community practice.
- Claire Brandish, Senior Antimicrobial Resistance Technical Advisor, The Commonwealth Pharmacist Association
- Dalia Bajis, Lead for Provision and Partnerships, International Pharmaceutical Federation
- Amy Chan, Clinical Academic Pharmacist, University of Auckland
- Tadeo Tumusiime, National Programs Coordinator, Makerere University School of Public Health
- Erick Venant, Founder- Roll Back Antimicrobial Initiative & Lead Coordinator-BSAC’s-Stop Superbugs, Roll Back Antimicrobial Initiative
- Manjiri Gharat, Principal of K M Kundnani Pharmacy Polytechnic, VP of Indian Pharmaceutical Association and VP of FIP, K M Kundnani Pharmacy Polytechnic, FIP and IPA
- David Musoke, Senior Lecturer, Makerere University School of Public Health
- Ella Balasa, Patient Advocate and Consultant