FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Pharmacists’ contributions to HIV prevention and management
The first of December commemorates World AIDS day and this year FIP will join this campaign by launching a toolkit for pharmacists on HIV prevention, screening and management. It is now possible to effectively prevent the transmission of HIV through pharmacological strategies (preexposure and postexposure prophylaxis). New HIV tests have also become available, including point-of-care tests and self-tests. Pharmacists’ expertise and accessibility can be leveraged for a variety of important roles in the prevention and screening of HIV infections. Join this event to learn about these roles and be inspired by examples from different countries.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
• Understand the roles pharmacists can play in HIV prevention, screening and management
• Recognise some resources and tools that pharmacists can use in this area
• Find and use the FIP toolkit on HIV prevention, screening and management
- Sham Moodley, FIP CPS Exco Member, Pharmacist Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa/Independent Community Pharmacy Assoc (ICPA), South Africa
- Rúben Viegas, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Coordinator, Portugal
- Ali Ahmed, Ph.D. Final Year Student (Clinical Pharmacy) Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Alicia Krüger, Clinical pharmacist Brazilian federal council of pharmacy, Brazil
- Elise HARO-BRUNET, Employed pharmacist CESPHARM (prevention committee) / French Chamber of pharmacists, France
- Romeo Ongpoy Jr, Dean Emilio Aguinaldo College - Cavite Campus, Philippines
- Katrina F. Ortblad, Assistant Professor Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, USA
- Hamish Bowden, Senior Clinical Pharmacist (HIV & Sexual Health) The Albion Centre NSW Health, Australia