Diploma for travel medicine - a new public health role for Swiss pharmacists?
- In: G21 - Practitioners' Day (Part 2) on Wednesday, 3 September 2008, 14:00-17:15
- At: Basel (Switzerland) (2008)
- Type: Presentations + Posters
- By: LEUTHOLD, Claudine (Pharmasuisse, Bern, Switzerland)
- Co-author(s): Wiedenmayer, Karin Anne (Swiss Tropical Institute, Switzerland)
Hatz, Christoph (Swiss Tropical Institute, Switzerland)
Background The field of travel medicine has grown dramatically as more people travel to exotic and remote destinations. Over 700 million travelers cross international borders annually. However, studies suggest that only a very small percent seek pre-travel health advice, and often from practitioners who are ill equipped to provide current and.. The access to the whole abstract and if available the presentation file is available to FIP members and to congress participants of that specific congress.