Preventing misuse and abuse of prescription and non-prescription drugs through a health campaign: “keep an eye on your medicine cabinet… it’s within your children’s reach”.
- In: G22 - Practitioners' Day CPS: Forum II (Part 2) on Wednesday, 5 September 2007, 13:00-15:00
- At: Beijing (China) (2007)
- Type: Presentations + Posters
- By: LARREGUI, Yaritza (School Of Pharmacy- University of Puerto, San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- Co-author(s): Rivera, Irany (School Of Pharmacy- Universitu of Puerto, San Juan, Puerto Rico)
Rivera, Irany (School Of Pharmacy- Universitu of Puerto, San Juan, Puerto Rico)
Aims: For the year 2003, statistics show that nearly 2.3 million adolescents in the year range of 12 to 18 years took legal medications and used them in an illegal manner2. In the year 2000, the Center of Prevention of Abuse of Substances demonstrated that 43% of the people who went to the emergency room with a drug overdose, approximately 1.. The access to the whole abstract and if available the presentation file is available to FIP members and to congress participants of that specific congress.