Welcome to the Workforce Reference Guide for FIP Development Goal 3 Quality assurance. This guide collates all information, evidence and expertise from FIP to support our members with measuring progress, evaluation, implementation and transformation processes. To access the full Workforce Reference Guide for the FIP Development Goals, click here.
FIP Development Goal 3 Workforce Element
Globally, we will have:
Transparent, contemporary and innovative processes for the quality assurance of needs-based education and training systems.
- Ensure the quality of the workforce by quality assuring the continuous development and the delivery of adequate and appropriate education and training; quality assurance needs to address academic and institutional infrastructure in order to deliver the required needs and competency-based education and training.
- Establish standards-based global guidance for quality assurance of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science education in the context of local needs and practice.
- Implement fair, effective and transparent policies and procedures for quality assurance of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science education and training.
- Define critical stakeholder input on development of adequate education and training and fair and effective policies, including necessary student input.
View all elements of FIP Development Goal 3 here.
FIP frameworks & tools
Quality Assurance of Pharmacy Education: the FIP Global Framework, 2nd Edition
Workforce Development Hub Global Leads for FIP Development Goal 3
Abeer Al-Ghananeem (Jordan)Board of Trustee, Talal Abu Ghazaleh University College; Professor of Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics, Sullivan University
Bronwyn Clark (Australia)Chief Executive Officer, Organisation: Australian Pharmacy Council
Abby Kahaleh (USA)
Associate Professor of Administrative Sciences-Tenured & Faculty Trustee, Clinical and Administrative Sciences, Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy
Banan Mukhalalati (Qatar)Assistant Professor, Clinical Pharmacy and Practice Section, College of Pharmacy, Qatar University
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Development Hub and our other Global Leads here.
- We’re developing an institutional assessment tool for quality assurance of pharmacy education.
- We have contributed a chapter on in quality assurance in ‘Pharmacy education report in Africa’ led by FIP UNITWIN – to be published soon.
Bibliography & further reading
Find out more about the FIP Workforce Reference Guide and explore it fully here.