To keep up with the latest from FIP, follow us on social media!
FIP today committed to six actions to support the pharmacy profession through disasters. The commitments made at the end of a plenary congress session entitled “Leading in times of crisis and beyond”, are as follow:
- Support pharmacy associations with an overview of the skills that pharmacists might need when working in disaster preparedness or emergency situations
- Liaise with national ministries of health and other relevant stakeholders to increase the impact and outcomes for pharmacists working in these settings.
- Create visibility for the specific role pharmacists can also have to encourage colleagues around the world to engage in humanitarian activities.
- Share among FIP member organisations any opportunities for engagement and success stories in these areas, promoting cross-collaboration
- Continue to engage our stakeholders and empower our regional and national leaders and members to strengthen humanitarian work.
- Promote interprofessional collaborative work in humanitarian settings.
These actions will also support continued treatment for patients during disasters, the federation said. For the full wording of the commitment, click here.
Last update 15 May 2019