To keep up with the latest from FIP, follow us on social media!
Twenty pharmacists from around the world have been appointed to the One FIP Data and Intelligence Commission. Members of the commission will be vital in supporting FIP’s Global Pharmaceutical Observatory (GPO) to achieve its vision of becoming the most comprehensive and respected source of pharmacy data and intelligence. The GPO is fundamental to delivering the wider FIP vision of a world where everyone benefits from access to safe, effective, quality and affordable medicines and health technologies, as well as from pharmaceutical care services provided by pharmacists, in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, as set out by the 21 FIP Development Goals for the decade ahead.
The commission has been set up so that the GPO has regional applicability and sectoral relevance by providing strategic advice to FIP as well as assurance and guidance on achieving the GPO vision and mission in alignment with the FIP Development Goals. Another key role for the commission will be to validate the integration of GPO activities across FIP and with stakeholders.
We welcome the following colleagues to the commission from across FIP and who together provide a breadth of experience globally:
- Nadia Al Mazrouei (Eastern Mediterranean Pharmaceutical Forum)
- Naoko Arakawa (FIP Academic Pharmacy Section)
- Denis Awitty (African Pharmaceutical Forum)
- Al Carter (FIP Regulators Forum)
- Paul Fahey (FIP Technology Forum)
- Paul Gallagher (FIP Academic Institution Members)
- Prosper Hiag (African Pharmaceutical Forum)
- John Jackson (Western Pacific Pharmaceutical Forum)
- Oussama Madadi (International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation)
- Rob Moss (FIP Hospital Pharmacy Section)
- Ayman Noreddin (Eastern Mediterranean Pharmaceutical Forum)
- Leonila Ocampo (Western Pacific Pharmaceutical Forum)
- Virginia Olmos (Pharmaceutical Forum of the Americas)
- Sonia Queiros (FIP member organisations in Europe)
- Lorena Quirós (Pharmaceutical Forum of the Americas)
- Adam Rathbone (FIP Young Pharmacists Group)
- Charlotte Rossing (FIP Board of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Rikke Løvig Simonsen (FIP member organisations in Europe)
- Lars-Åke Söderlund (FIP Community Pharmacy Section)
- Rao Vadlamudi (South East Asia Region Pharmaceutical Forum)
The commission will hold its inaugural meeting this month and is chaired by Robert Sindelar, professor and dean emeritus of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Canada and FIP Fellow.