FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Vaccines & special-risk groups: Diabetes
Vaccination is one of the most effective measures to prevent disease transmission and protect populations from a variety of diseases that heavily impact individuals and health systems. Overall, through the provision of person-centred pharmaceutical services, pharmacists play a key role ensuring healthy lives and promoting wellbeing, as well as promoting more effective, rational, and widespread use of vaccines. Among the different special-risk population groups for vaccine-preventable diseases, people living with diabetes have particular vaccination needs that will be highlighted at this event.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand the most important vaccines for people living with diabetes
- Recognise the role of pharmacists in promoting vaccination to people living with diabetes
- Discuss strategies for pharmacists to support people living with diabetes with their vaccination needs.
- Astrid Czock, CEO QualiCCare, Switzerland
- Marco Goeijenbier, Medical doctor internal medicine and intensive care, Spaarne Gasthuis Haarlem/Hoofddorp & Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Sallianne Kavanagh, Senior Lecturer- Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice. Advanced Clinical Pharmacist, University of Huddersfield and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHSFT, United Kingdom
- Iryna Vlasenko, Vice president International Diabetes Federation, Ukraine
- Francisco Javier Jiménez Ramírez, Professor / Pharmacist University of Puerto Rico School of Pharmacy, Puerto Rico