FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Vaccines & special-risk groups: Cardiovascular diseases
Vaccination is one of the most effective measures to prevent disease transmission and protect populations from a variety of diseases that heavily impact individuals and health systems. Overall, through the provision of person-centred pharmaceutical services, pharmacists play a key role ensuring healthy lives and promoting wellbeing, as well as promoting more effective, rational, and widespread use of vaccines. Among the different special-risk population groups for vaccine-preventable diseases, people living with cardiovascular diseases have particular vaccination needs that will be highlighted at this event.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
• Understand the risks that this particular population group is exposed to with regards to vaccine-preventable diseases, as well as the benefits of being vaccinated
• Understand the main recommended vaccines for people living with cardiovascular diseases
• Discuss the role of pharmacists in supporting health literacy and vaccination of this special risk group
- Renly Lim, FIP YPG Immediate Past President, Research Fellow University of South Australia, Australia
- Alvaro Sosa Liprandi, President Interamerican Society of Cardiology, Argentina
- Tolulope Osigbesan, Senior Policy and Advocacy Officer NCD Alliance, Switzerland
- John D. Grabenstein, RPh, PhD, Director of Scientific Communications Immunize.org, USA