FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The role of pharmacists in diabetes prevention, screening, and management
This event will discuss pharmacists’ roles in diabetes prevention, screening and management by showcasing best practices in pharmaceutical care, identifying needs and priorities of pharmacists, digital health applications, new trends and practices across Africa. According to WHO, diabetes in the region is a serious, chronic, and costly disease that is estimated to rise to 23.9 million cases by 2030, and up to 15% of adults aged 25 to 64 have diabetes in the African region. s. Pharmacists are uniquely positioned to provide a wide array of services to prevent, identify and manage both type 1 and type 2 diabetes as well as support the care provided by other members of the healthcare team. This event aims to improve pharmacists' knowledge, improve pharmaceutical services delivery and overall health outcomes of the public in the context of diabetes.
- Improve knowledge of pharmacists by exploring the role of pharmacists in the prevention, screening and management of diabetes within the African region;
- Showcase emerging digital health trends, new applications for patients and innovative pharmaceutical services delivery for diabetes within the African region;
- Identify the needs and priorities of pharmacists in the prevention and management of diabetes within the African region.
- Prosper Hiag, President African Pharmaceutical Forum, Cameroon
- Danielle Munene, Head of Consulting African Health Business, Kenya
- Imraan Bismilla, Head of Pharmacy Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology in South Africa, South Africa
- Mohamed Yacine Achouri, President of the scientific communication Fédération Algérienne de Pharmacie, Algeria
- Khadir Sarra, Pharmacy resident, FIP YPG remote intern, Algeria
- Gonçalo Sousa Pinto, FIP Lead for practice development and transformation, Spain
-Nilhan Uzman, Lead for Education and Primary Health Policies FIP, Turkey
-Alison Etukakpan, Educational Partnership Specialist International Pharmaceutical Federation, Nigeria