FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Transforming pharmacy practice for improved care and management of cardiovascular diseases
The World Health Organization estimate that 17.9 million people die from cardiovascular diseases each year, representing 32% of all global deaths. Pharmacists have a role to play in the prevention, care and management of cardiovascular diseases and their complications. FIP has developed a new handbook to support pharmacists and their organisations in providing a range of cardiovascular diseases-related services. This handbook — which will be launched at this event — also identifies the knowledge and skills that pharmacists require for the provision of such services, thus offering guidance to academic institutions and CPD providers. This handbook is part of the FIP Practice Transformation Programme on Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Explore the role of pharmacists in the prevention, care and management of cardiovascular diseases and their complications;
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for pharmacists in addressing cardiovascular diseases;
- Identify the relevant knowledge and skills required for the delivery of cardiovascular diseases-related services.
- Paul Sinclair, Chair Board of Pharmaceutical Practice FIP, Australia
- Jean-Luc Eiselé, CEO World Heart Federation, Geneva, Switzerland
- Pedro Amariles, Full professor and researcher on Pharmaceutical Care and Clinical Pharmacy Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia
- Francesca Wirth, Senior Lecturer Department of Pharmacy, University of Malta, Malta
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager FIP, Portugal
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for Provision and Partnerships, Australia