FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The management of constipation by community pharmacists
Constipation is a common symptom pharmacists encounter in daily practice. It is often a self-limiting symptom that can be adequately managed in the community through the use of non-prescription medicines, as well as dietary and lifestyle measures. This event will explore how community pharmacists may support the management of constipation and empower individuals for optimal self-care.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
• Understand the role of pharmacists in managing constipation in the community
• Understand the influence of fibre, exercise, and fluids in constipation
• Explore the complications of constipation medicines, especially in older adults
- Marwan Akel, FIP Projects Manager - Workforce development, evidence & impact, Lebanon
- Safwan Jihan, Assistant Dean, Lebanese International University / School of Pharmacy, Lebanon
- Madisch, Ahmed, Senior Consultant and Head, Center of Gastroenterology Bethanien, Germany
- João Rafael Gonçalves, Community pharmacist, Portugal