FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The role of pharmacists in the prevention of diabetes
This webinar aims to highlight the different services provided by pharmacists in the prevention, screening and detection of diabetes. It will also demonstrate how pharmacists are providing such services in a time of pandemic.
Around 422 million people worldwide have diabetes and 1. 6 million deaths are directly attributed to diabetes each year. Pharmacists, across all sectors and areas of practice do have a role to play in ensuring the prevention and management of diabetes. In a series of five webinars, the role of pharmacists in the prevention and management of diabetes and its complications; advancement in therapeutic options; competencies and workforce development opportunities; and policy barriers and facilitators in providing diabetes services will be explored. The series culminates in the launching of the ONE FIP Practice Transformation Programme on Diabetes.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
1. Become familiar with services that pharmacists can provide in promoting the awareness of diabetes and adoption of healthy lifestyle
2. Recognise the role of pharmacists in the screening and detection of diabetes
3. Describe how the pandemic has influenced the delivery of diabetes services by pharmacists.
- Manjiri Gharat, FIP Vice-President, FIP, India
- Paula Teixeira, Scientific Information Manager, Center for Medicines Information and Health Interventions (CEDIME) in the Portuguese National Association of Pharmacies (ANF), Portugal
- Margaret Wonah, Pharmacist, The Diabetes Care Network, Nigeria
- Mohamed Hassan Elnaem, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy, International Islamic University, Malaysia