FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
The role of the pharmacist in the prevention and management of vector-borne diseases: African region
Pharmacists are uniquely positioned to help communities and patients protect themselves from vector-borne diseases (VBDs). This webinar will describe the most prevalent VBDs in the African region, and identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment.
1) Identify the most prevalent vector-borne diseases in the African region.
2) Describe the characteristics and morbidity and mortality of the main vector-borne diseases in the region.
3) Identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment.
Arinola Joda, Associate Professor, Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lagos - Asst. Secretary/Editor in Chief, APF -Nigeria
- Lilyana Dayo, County Malaria Program Officer and Senior Advisor, Health System Strengthening, County Malaria Program, Kisumu - Kenya
- Azuka Oparah, Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin, Edo State -Nigeria
- James Frimpong, Deputy Programme Manager, National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) - Ghana
- Folasade Lawal, MD/CEO Victory Drugs Limited, Festac, Lagos- Nigeria
- Gisele Etame, Pharmacist and associate professor; Faculty of medicine and pharmaceutical sciences, University of Douala - Cameroon