FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Supporting self-care: children's health
Pharmacy teams are increasingly supporting children and their carers with self-care. This webinar will focus particularly on appropriate management of choices of medicines and products to support children’s health, and the role of the pharmacist. A case study will be presented and the event will conclude with a panel discussion.
Aim: To identify how the community pharmacy team can support self-care of common health problems for children and their carers.
- Increase awareness of children’s health issues, how common they are, what impacts they have and how they can be managed;
- Learn how to support carers and children with common health issues;
- Discuss appropriate management in the choice of medicines and products.
- Describe the role that pharmacist and their team can play in advising and educating carers and children so they can self-care.
- Sarah Dineen-Griffin, Lecturer in health services management and leadership, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Hadi Dassouki, Community Pharmacist, Lebanon
- Jack Collins, Postdoctoral Research Associate, The University of Sydney School of Pharmacy, Australia
- Joanne Crook, Consultant Pharmacist Paediatrics, Kings College Hospital, UK