FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Reducing medication harm through medicines use reviews: pharmacists at the frontline
This webinar will explore pharmacists’ frontline role in reducing medication-related harm through medicines use review (MUR). Pharmacists from different care settings from across the world will discuss how MUR has been integrated into their clinical practice in addition to the evidence for the clinical and economic benefits supporting this service. Finally, the FIP toolkit on MUR, launched in December 2020, will be presented.
• Define Medicines Use Review (MUR) and discuss the clinical and economic evidence supporting its implementation
• Explore examples of MUR practices from different regions
• Become familiar with the FIP MUR toolkit to support the advocacy and establishment of the service
- Marja Airaksinen, Chair of the FIP Working Group on Patient Safety - Finland
- Filipa Alves da Costa, Assistant Professor University of Lisbon - Portugal
- Nai-Hwa Mei, Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Department of Pharmacy, Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Memorial Hospital - China Taiwan
- Matthew Hung, Clinical Staff Pharmacist St. Mary’s Hospital, Montreal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre Practice Development Projects Assistant (consultancy) - Canada