FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Continuing Professional development cycle; a suitable career development model for early career pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists
For a young and early career pharmacist or pharmaceutical scientist, choosing the right career is no easy feat. Not only are the options too numerous for one to choose sometimes, they can also seem quite few, depending on one’s exposure. Notwithstanding, the path to each career requires intricate and timely preparation to gain the required expertise.
This FIP YPG webinar seeks to introduce young pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists to the Career development cycle and how it can effectively be used as a tool for professional development. Each speaker will cover fundamental insights with practical examples from their personal and professional experience with an aim to equip attendees with personalized and strategic leads for their effective career evolution.
The learning outcomes include:
1. Attendees will gain insights about the steps in the career development cycle.
2. Attendees will understand how to effectively utilize the continuing professional development cycle (Reflection, Planning, Action and Evaluation).
3. Attendees will learn about effective reflection and subsequent planning as a tool for continuing professional development
4. Attendees will gain knowledge on how properly carry out the evaluation process after taking appropriate action as it relates to career development.
- Ikwaibom Umoiyoho, Hospital Pharmacist, Zenith Medical and Kidney Centre - Nigeria
- Ravi Sharma, Director of England, Royal Pharmaceutical Society - United Kingdom
- Anisha Sandhu, Lecturer, Monash University - Malaysia
- Arit Udoh, Global Lead FIP DG4/ Senior Clinical Project Manager, University of Birmingham - United Kingdom
- Toyin Tofade, Dean and Professor, Howard University College of Pharmacy - United States of America