FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Integrating point-of-care testing in community pharmacy practice: Findings from a global intelligence report
Pharmacy professionals are fully committed to an interprofessional and person-centred approach to healthcare. Where the regulatory framework allows, a wide range of point-of-care tests (POCT) can be carried out in community pharmacies. POCT can be incorporated into disease management programmes to monitor the effects of treatment in people living with non-communicable diseases. In addition, in acute situations, pharmacy professionals can use POCT to support clinical decision-making and provide rapid, safe pharmaceutical care. These tests provide valuable data to inform health-related decisions and reduce avoidable visits to primary care physicians or emergency departments. At this event, FIP will launch a global intelligence report on pharmacy-based point-of-care testing.
- Sherif Guorgui, President of the FIP Community Pharmacy Section, Canada
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager, FIP, The Netherlands
- Mfonobong Ekpoh, FIP Intern, Nigeria
- Paul Sinclair, President FIP, Australia
- Luís Lourenço, Professional secretary FIP, Portugal
- Sadaf Faisal, Director, Professional Affairs, Canadian Pharmacists Association, Canada
- Ema Paulino, President, Portuguese National Association of Pharmacies (ANF), Portugal
- Mariet Eksteen, Professional Development and Support Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa, South Africa
- Elen Jones, Director for Wales Royal Pharmaceutical Society, UK