FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Empowering early career pharmacists: Self-care interventions in common gastrointestinal and respiratory symptoms for enhanced patient care
According to WHO, individuals spend less than 1h a year with a health worker versus over 8700h a year in self-care. Self-care interventions promote individuals’ active participation in their own healthcare. To support them on this journey, pharmacists are equipped with knowledge and skills to better their self-determination, self-efficacy, autonomy, and engagement in health.
This digital event is designed as a collection of three CPB Bites to equip early career pharmacists with essential self-care knowledge in the context of reflux management, irritable bowel syndrome, and respiratory symptoms (including sore throat). Issues around gender biases in patient interactions and during treatment will be highlighted.
- Sham Moodley, Community Pharmacist Vice Chair Independent Community Pharmacy Assoc NEC on Pharmaceutical Society of SA - South Africa
- Gonzalo Miquel Adsuar-Meseguer, Community Pharmacist in Rojales, Alicante, FIP ECPG, Spanish Society of Clinical, Familiar and Pharmacy (SEFAC) - Spain
- Veronica Kihugi, Pharmacist Anaya Pharmaceuticals - Kenya
- Anja St. Clair Jones, Consultant Pharmacist Gastroenterology University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust - United Kingdom
- Leonila Ocampo, President Asia Pacific Institute for Medication Management (APIMM) - Philippines
- Alison Etukakpan, Educational partnerships and projects manager - FIP
- Genuine A. Desireh, Pharmacist FIP - Kenya