FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Vaccines & special-risk groups: roundtable summit
Often, the most vulnerable population groups experience severe or even lethal forms of vaccine-preventable diseases, as well as losses in quality of life, functional ability and productivity. It is essential to identify these groups and their specific vaccination needs, and to take measures to improve vaccine confidence and uptake among them. Pharmacists play a key role in raising awareness and building confidence in vaccines, and in promoting a convenient access to vaccinations. Over several months, FIP organised a series of events focusing on the vaccination needs of several special-risk population groups. With this final event, we invite you to engage with an intersectoral roundtable on this topic and witness the launch of a summary publication and a series of short videos to support pharmacists in these roles.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand the specific vaccination needs of several special-risk population groups
- Become familiar with FIP’s resources on vaccination for special-risk groups
- Discuss the role of pharmacists in promoting vaccination uptake among different special-risk groups
- Catherine Duggan, FIP Chief Executive Officer, UK/Netherlands
- Jean-Luc Eiselé, CEO World Heart Federation, Switzerland
- Siân Williams, Chief Executive Officer International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG), Scotland (working internationally)
- Iryna Vlasenko, Vice president- International Diabetes Federation-Ukraine
- Howard Catton, Chief Executive Officer, International Council of Nurses, Switzerland/ United Kingdom
- Jane Barratt, Secretary-General International Federation on Ageing, Canada
- Rúben Viegas, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Coordinator, Portugal
- Mary Ann Lumsden, FIGO Chief Executive, International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO), UK