FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Gut wellness and its role in immunity (Spanish translation)
Several factors can influence digestive wellness and gut wellness, including stress, nutrition or medication. Disruptions to the microbiota homeostasis can lead to gastrointestinal symptoms and have an impact in immunity. This event will discuss dysbiosis and the role that pharmacists can have in improving gut wellness and immunity.
By the end of the session participants should be able to:
• Understand dysbiosis and gut wellness
• Identify tips to manage abdominal pain
• Understand the role of diet in immunologic modulation
• Understand the use of probiotics for gut wellness
- Bidhata Khatri, FIP Health and Medicines Information Section (HaMIS) Secretary FIP, India
- Saman Khalesi, Senior Lecturer and Discipline Lead – Nutrition Central Queensland University (CQUniversity); Postdoctoral Fellow of the National Heart Foundation of Australia, Australia
- Ana Faria, Assistant Professor Nova Medical School - Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Ender Pehlivanoglu, Professor of Pediatric Gastroeneterology&Nutrition Istanbul Kent University, Turkey
- Metehan Özen, Pediatric Infectious Disease Specialist Acibadem University, School of Medicine, Turkey