FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Understanding and managing headaches in the community: Therapeutic approaches and advancements in the Southeast Asia region
Pain is a common symptom of a range of conditions or situations, and can manifest and be experienced with different intensities, from mild discomfort to highly incapacitating. A particular type of pain that often leads to consultations to pharmacists and the use of self-care medicines is headache. Relieving headaches and regaining mental clarity are important for patient wellbeing and productivity, and pharmacists can play a role in advising on the most appropriate strategies and therapeutic approaches that are suitable for each patient.
1. Provide insights of the therapeutic approaches and advancements used in the management of headaches.
2. Understand the role of non-prescription medicine as a tool in headache self-care
3. Identify the role of pharmacists in supporting the self-care of headache, through a regional lens.
-T.V. Narayana, President SEAR Pharm Forum, India
- Takuya Kumamoto, Professor Chair, FIP Special Interest Group on New Medicines, Hiroshima, Japan
- Luminita Constantin, Global Medical Lead CHC Pain, Sanofi, France
- Peter Goadsby, Director of NIHR Clinical Research Facility & Professor of Neurology, King’s College (UK), United Kingdom
-Raj Vaidya, Community Pharmacist, Hindu Pharmacy, India