FIP is pleased to bring you announcements of events, meetings and workshops around the world concerning pharmacy practice, the pharmaceutical sciences and global health. For more information on a particular event please click the associated link.
Precision Medicine: What will it Cost?
This webinar is the third of the Precision Medicine Webinar Series, which will discuss the current state and future of precision medicine in research and practice, including the ongoing technological advances and challenges and opportunities for the pharmacy profession to address. This webinar will cover:
• Current health economics stance on precision medicine applications
• What we know and what we don’t know about precision medicine cost-utility
• How costs may evolve with emerging technologies or trends
• Priorities for future HTA research in this area
At the end of this session, participants will be aware of:
• The impact of precision medicine advancements on health technology assessment
• The economic arguments for and against precision medicine
• International coordination in health technology assessment policies for precision medicine
- Donnacha Fitzgerald, Predoctoral Fellow, The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and Heidelberg University Hospital - Germany
- Stephanie Huang, Professor Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, USA
- IÑAKI GUTIERREZ-IBARLUZEA, Board Director and Former President Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi), Spain