There is currently one vacancy for a new position:
Profession Development Coordinator
The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), which is the global federation of 126 national associations representing over three million Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists worldwide, is currently looking for a "Profession Development Coordinator". It is envisioned that this full-time position will be based at the FIP headquarters, in the Hague, the Netherlands.
Availability: as of September-October 2014
Salary: Negotiable and based on previous experience of the applicant
Application: To apply for this position, please send a one-page Curriculum Vitae together with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of Applications: 1 August 2014
The “Profession Development Coordinator” is responsible for strengthening FIP’s position as the global resources center for pharmaceutical policies and activities of national associations of pharmacists and/or pharmaceutical scientists. This implies the collection, analysis and translation of data into relevant formats (publications, database...), services and support primarily to FIP member organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the “Profession Development Coordinator” are (but not limited to):
- Monitor and record activities of FIP member organisations and changes in pharmaceutical practice and sciences:
- Prepare an annual survey to FIP member organisations on their activities and changes happening in their countries;
- Monitor through the screening of their publications (journals, website…) and through news, their activities and changes happening in their countries;
- Prepare advocacy and trend analysis reports for the benefits of FIP member organisations and selected partners;
- Provide support to FIP member organisations;
- Coordinate the content of FIP member organisations newsletters;
- Assist the Policy Analyst and Project Coordinator in providing contents relevant for her interactions with international organisations;
- Serve as the contact person for the FIP Regional Pharmaceutical Forums.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the “Profession Development Coordinator” may be required to assist in other areas temporarily.
Skills, Knowledge and attitude for satisfactory job performance:
- Graduated from an accredited and recognised School/Faculty of Pharmacy and/or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Strong written communication skills in English (Native English speaker or demonstrated fluency in English)
- Knowledge about and interest in public health policies
- Strong analytical skills and established capability to summarize complex information
- Ability to handle multiple projects under time/resource pressure
- Demonstrable IT capability including confident use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Access.
- Fluency in other languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Chinese, Arab…)
- Some experience in professional or student pharmacy organisations.