Industrial Pharmacy Section
Founded in 1955, FIP’s Industrial Pharmacy Section (short “IPS”) has expanded to a worldwide industrial pharmacy network. It embraces all functions where industrial pharmacists are employed all over the world.
Benefits of being a member of IPS
What’s in the Industrial Pharmacy Section for YOU?
- Free quarterly international journal “Industrial Pharmacy”
- Free quarterly IPS Newsletter with early information on Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Science & Practice training workshops, with up-to-date information on development and manufacturing, biotechnology, QC/QA and the regulation of pharmaceuticals and much, much more…
- Free participation in IPS webinars - offered year round – typically a US$ 150 value
- Reduced rates at FIP symposia and training events
- Networking facilities during the FIP Congress and at all IPS workshops – offered year round access to colleagues world-wide to provide a network of technical, quality and regulatory expertise
- Participation in discussion forums which will help you be involved in discussions related to current industrial topics
How to become a member
If you are an industrial pharmacist or pharmaceutical scientist working in, or for, the pharmaceutical industry or with the regulatory authorities, we invite you to enjoy the membership benefits by becoming an IPS member right now: Join IPS.
Depending on your country the annual membership fee is € 35, € 56 or € 94. Students and recent graduates pay half price. By becoming a member you enhance and strengthen your professional life with the opportunity to learn from colleagues in similar situations; you also strengthen the international community of industrial pharmacists.
Industrial Pharmacy Section Awards and Prizes
- IPS Medal of Excellence
- Mike How Travel Award for young pharmacists or pharmacy students (in coordination with IPSF and YPG). Click here for the 2016 Call and here for the application form)*.
- Best Industrial Poster at the FIP Congress*
- Best Industrial Poster at the IPSF World Congress*
- The Industrial Pharmacy Award for the best short oral presentation at the FIP Congress*
* Awarded to young pharmacists only.
Join us now and plan for the next FIP congress!
IPS Activities at the FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Buenos Aires 2016.
(Argentina, 28 August – 1 September 2016)
- Novel regulatory approaches to accelerate access to medicines
- Can pharmacists contribute to improving patient adherence as part of pharmacovigilance?
- Improving outcomes through novel technologies – Let’s innovate together!
- Biosimilars: Understanding the issues
- Short Oral Presentations (SOP)
- IPS poster session
- Industrial site visits
- IPS business meeting (membership assembly)
- IPS section dinner
- Students half day
- Industrial Insights
- GMP Seminar