Community Pharmacy Section – About us
Our objectives are:
- To improve the professional standards of pharmacy and encourage realisation of the social aims of the profession as a part of public health and as a pharmaceutical service to the community;
- To plan and be responsible for the activities of FIP in the field of community pharmacy; in particular:
o To provide and exchange information that assists in the coordination and improvement of the scientific, technical and professional activities of community pharmacists;
o To organise meetings for members of the section during FIP congresses such as the World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, in accordance with approved general congress programmes;
o To study and report on any matter of interest to community pharmacists.
Our mission is to assist pharmacists, wherever they live and practise, in the delivering of medicines, health products and services that will improve medicine use and advance patient care.
The Community Pharmacy Section will support the community-based pharmacist in:
- Providing professional development within pharmaceutical care, pharmacotherapy, health promotion, communication and documentation;
- Offering a platform for professionals and leaders;
- Increasing the focus from product to services, and;
- Increasing the awareness and involvement of the (national) professional bodies in our mission.
Our vision is set out in “Vision 2020” (Spanish version). This document serves as a guiding platform to the strategic plan to be implemented in coming years, building on FIP’s overall vision and individual national pharmaceutical organisation documents.
We undertake many activities within the framework of our objectives, mission and vision.
The Community Pharmacy Section’s Executive Committee (ExCo) consists of:
|CPS Executive Committee 2015-2016 (Back row, left to right: Warren Meek, Jaime Acosta, Martin Astbury, Lars-Ake Söderlund, Luís Miguel Lourenço and Bong-Kyu Yoo. Front row, left to right: Paul Sinclair, Manjiri Gharat and Rabih Hassouneh.)|
The President serves for four years and cannot be re-elected but remains in office as Immediate Past President for two years. All other officers are elected for four years and may be re-elected for one further four-year term. The committee elects from among its members a Vice-President for a two-year mandate, renewable once.
We invite our members to participate in our working groups. Be active and tell us about your ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
The section secretariat is located in Denmark, with Pharmakon, Danish College of Pharmacy Practice. Contact details are as follow:
FIP Community Pharmacy Section
Phone: +45 4820 6000
Fax: + 45 4820 6060
Our current statutes of the Community Pharmacy Section were adopted by the FIP Council in September 2013.
Click to download the CPS statutes in a pdf .