Role of RFID technology in prevention of drug counterfeiting
- In: D11 - Practitioners' day (part 1) on Wednesday, 7 September 2011, 09:30-12:00
- At: 2011 FIP Congress in Hyderabad (India)
- Type: Presentations + Posters
- By: NAND, Pratibha (Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Pharmacy, New Delhi, India)
- Co-author(s): DRABU, Sushma (Maharaja Surajmal Institute of pharmacy, New Delhi, India)
GUPTA, Rajinder K. (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, India)
Drug counterfeiting is rapidly becoming a worldwide problem because fake medicines are injected into the licit distribution channel and sold as genuine articles with higher price for higher profits which is a great risk for the health and safety of consumers. RFID technology utilizes RFID tags which are incorporated into a product and the emitte.. The access to the whole abstract and the presentation file / poster file is available to FIP members and to congress participants of that specific congress.